Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Where does the time go.......


So there is a hint of sanity around here, well maybe not even a hint, but there are 3 less people here from 7am and 4pm!!!! Well this helps my sanity a little. So we are celebrating our 3 oldest being in school FULL TIME!!! That just leaves me with our 3 youngest.

Now that the first week is over with and some shred of organization is returning I have the chance to reflect on my past. It seems like just the other day I was coming home from the hospital with my oldest child. I remember gazing into his eye's and thinking that time could stop right now and I would be in sheer bliss. Then to my surprise the same thing with my 2nd, 3rd, and so on.

So I find myself now, since the birth of our 6th child wondering where the time went. Where did all those precious moments go, why are they growing up so fast, it's not fair, did we teach them what they need to know, how to be kind, compassionate, charitible, respectful, full of intergity??? Did we deal with each moment as though it was the last? Do they know that they are our whole world. That our day & night set on them? I pray that they do.
I guess we just keep trudging along, even when it feels impossible. I try to not play into the day to day time consuming "little things" like laundry, dishes and arguing. I am now more diligent in watching all they have to offer, all the unconditional love, unbridaled zest for life, their corky expressions, because in time, not to far from now, I will be sitting here again wondering where the time has gone, and if we did our best.

I am truly blessed, with more than I have thought I would have. My Heavenly Father has and continues to watch over our family each second of every day. I don't know why he has blessed my family so abundantly but I am truly humble by his kindness, his trust & his love. Let's all huge our loved ones a little tighter because time truly does FLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment