Thursday, October 2, 2014

Soooooo yep it's been that long, way to long.  Life has just not played fair. But that's ok because I understand that if it did it wouldn't be any fun!
So I am going to give everyone a crash course in updates!


* 2 days after my last post............that would be Halloween 2013, while attempting to go to feed our animals I did a slip and slide down our back ramp and (DRUM ROLL PLEASE) compound fractured both bones in my right leg! Yep you heard me right BOTH bones. Now for those of you who have never had the delight of breaking a bone, especially a compound fracture, I'm sure one of the worst parts is actually hearing your bone sNaP.  It is a sound that no human should ever have to hear.  Now remember I live about 40 miles from the nearest hospital.  This grand event happened around 10 am in the morning with just my two youngest boys aged 5 & 3 at the time.  And of course as I am laying outside SCREAMING in pain, they can't seem to find the telephone so that I can call anyone. And because I live a little less than a quarter mile from my neighbors I only had 1 option........send the boys. 
Now let me tell you that my neighbors are better than yours LOL....but she came to my rescue once again, loaded me (oh by the way I was about 4 months pregnant when this happened, yep with baby #7......another story for later) and rushed me to the hospital, oh what a painful trip that was.  Mind you my leg without support is in two pieces. I get there, feel like I'm going to throw up, thank the heavens my hubby met me there, and beg for drugs.
After evaluation, verification is was really broke (duh...)  they get me some mild drugs, not enough to make it feel much better!  Then my now doctor comes tells me is broke (duh again...) and I need surgery! YEAH, not
So after 8 hours of waiting in I went, drugged, and in pain........now the irony of this part is that to this point I have NEVER had an epidural with all of my 6 previous births but I got one with a broken leg.  Needless to say and hour later, a titanium plate and 7 screws later I was good as NEW!
3 months later I was in a walking boot and now almost a year later I am still in pain, still limping slightly PLUS I have one cool looking scar! As you can see I go all or I go home....




No comments:

Post a Comment